Monday, August 12, 2013

Fourth of July

Kev and I spent the week in Ship Bottom, LBI from Saturday to Saturday. We rented the cutest little studio apartment that was literally 30 seconds from the beach. It couldn't have been any better. It rained for the first couple of days we were there so that was a bummer but we had work to do anyways so that was okay to be cooped up inside with crappy weather.

We didn't know what to do because it was raining so we decided to go see a movie. We went to go see World War Z one day. Good movie by the way. Glad we went to go see it because otherwise we wouldn't have had anything to do. Nothings worse than going to the beach and it raining.

One day after work we went to a water park in Beach Haven, we were literally the only people in the park. Paid our $20 each and had unlimited rides and no waiting in lines. It was fantastic. They also had a flowrider which Kev rode but I did not. I was too scared my bathing suit top wasn't going to stay in its place. So I opted out on giving a show for a few minutes of fun.

Of course we played our mini golf tournaments-we played three different games. There were sooo many mini golf courses on LBI it was obnoxious. I won one game but over all I lost, per usual. I get too frustrated when I start loosing and then it goes downhill from there. But I can say I had two holes in one. Proud accomplishments for me. Kev is just that much better of a mini golf player.

There were so many great restaurants to eat at as well. Of course, we just ate out every night. No need to cook-Its so hard when there's only two people and grocery stores don't sell groceries based off of people for two. So in my opinion its that much easier to just go out to eat. There was this breakfast place called the Sandbox Cafe that Kev found before we even got to LBI. He loves to research food before we go places. It was great. There is this dish called the sizzler and oh my was it amazing. Totally worth the 1/2 mile run I did looking for a damn ATM because they took cash only in the dead heat of the morning. Oh and new little note. Apparently, most places only take cash- now I know I'll bring or take out cash when I go to a beach vacation. We went to a few seafood restaurants one was literally at the end of our street and a block over called Ship Bottom Shellfish.We tried to go there on our first night in town but it was so busy and there was like a two hour wait and we were not waiting that long. On our first night we went to a place called Beach Haven Fishery, we got lobster and tried gator bites which were actually really good. This is where we learned that most places in LBI are BYOB. So off to the liquor store Kev went while dinner was being made to get a bottle of wine.

We got take out from a sushi restaurant and sat by the water twice it was really nice. One night afterwards we went to a bakery in Surf City and got the most delicious brownie I've eaten so far in my life. Ate a burger at a place called Woody's Drive In. Went to a restaurant called Lex Mex for some good Mexican food one night. Had Ice Cream from a really popular and delicious ice cream shoppe called skipper dipper who had lines out the door every night. Almost everyday we went to WaWa's for lunch because it was great food and cheap. One day when it was rainy we decided to get outta the apartment and go to Davinci's. They had the most amazing sandwiches and some really good garlic Parmesan fries. Boy it was a good pick.

There was an arcade that we of course had to compete against each other in and play until we both were satisfied. Basketball, racing, you name it we played it.

For the 4th we sat on the beach all day with a drink in our hands and later went to Beach Haven to watch the fireworks. We got dinner from a place in Bay Village called the Gazebo. We found a place to place our chairs sat down ate our dinner and waited for the fireworks to start. The traffic back to the apartment was a little crazy but it wasn't as bad for as many people there were in one little area.

The 5th we went to the beach again enjoyed the beautiful weather. Packed up all our belongings and cleaned the apartment. Ever so sad to leave the beach as always. I'm the biggest beach bum and that is my home. I belong on the beach. We drove back home on Saturday to host a 4th of July party at our house with friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment