I went home this weekend to see my family. Yes, the 4 hour trek. I made late dinner plans to meet up with some college friends in Albany for a bite to eat to break the trip up and of course see their beautiful faces. It was so great to see Hannah, Mike and Emily. Caught up on our lives and reminisced about the days at Plattsburgh State. All while Emily was choking because the guy sitting next to her smelt like B.O. so bad, we were the only people in the restaurant under the age of 55. But they did have wonderful food and great drinks. The best part was the company! Since we didn't take any pictures at dinner I grabbed some of our finest pictures from Facebook.
Other great news is Hannah & Mike got engaged. They also asked me to be a bridesmaid in their wedding! I am so excited to celebrate this happy time with these two love bugs. Already looking forward to next Memorial Day weekend!
Mike & Emily loving it (old pic)
Kevin, Hannah and I at our Spring Fest
One of my good friends also leaves sorta in the sticks.. Well let's call it the sticks anyways. We are so lucky to have Carissa to let us stay at her house when we're in town. It's great to catch up and have a few drinks. She's currently in the middle of remodeling her kitchen so her house was in looking a little rough from all the demolition but thankfully she has a nice big memory foam bed that we all hung out in.
Here she is... We're at the bar called Stockdales around the corner from her house. Syracuse made it to the final four and shes a die hard fan needless to say that was her face the entire game as her Alumni lost. Oh Carissa!
I got my hair did by my beautiful talented sister Maria. She wanted me to go Ombre so I did. I also got my usual hair cut and of course I can't leave without getting the Brazilian Blowout. I think I would die without the BB from now on until I die (no joke.) I absolutely love my hair and am so thankful I have a talented little sister who can do just great hair dos. I'll post a picture later I haven't taken one of the final work.
I visited with my godmother and her kiddos for a few hours to catch up. I haven't seen her in a very long time, almost a year. So it was nice to stop in and chat with her. I also went to see my sister Sandy, who was studying away on a lovely Saturday. So I am sure she was glad I stopped in to break that studying up. I hung out with her for several hours and then it was time to figure something out for dinner with the rest of the gang.
I decided well let's go somewhere we can all sit down and eat.... Yupp table for 20 please. So, I called my only place of employment back in 2008/2009 and ask to sit in the "Pig Room." For those of you who are locals of the sticks that'll be Babe's in Utica, the big room in the back. There's plenty of room for a table of 20 there and food/prices are pretty reasonable. So off to Babes we went. It was so great to see all the kiddos and hear about what they are up to. They are all just the most adorable bunch on the planet I have to say. Before I knew it their tummy's were full and it was time for the Syracuse game to start (they are all HUGE 'Cuse fans) I on the other hand am not so I was like okay what to do now... (I just made a bracket to win a $50 gift card at work.)
Pig Anna & Ginger
Miss Siena
Jason, Mikey & Maria
Maria & Mom
Sandy & Jake
KK & I
Marc, Dan & Maria (Lawd knows what she's doing)
Billy & Ally
The Boys- Jake, Andy, Jason & Little Mikey
Anna, Jenna & Siena (Mikey Photo-bombing)
Myself & Miss Jennalynn
The next morning it was off to meet my handsome nephew for the very first time and visit with my brother Brian & sister Megan. He is just the most adorable little boy in the world. He has the brightest blue eyes and has the biggest happiest smile ( I just loved it) Unfortunately, I showed up close to nap time and I didn't snap any pictures with him. I am really sad about this. I will make sure to get some next time, for sure.
There he is the bright eyed, smiling little Irishman Declan!















No comments:
Post a Comment