Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bachlorette Party, NY State Track Meet, A Kids Cancer Run

My good friend from work Whitney had her bachlortette party. We went horseback riding and out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. This was my second time riding a horse. Boy was I terrified. They really didn't do a good job of ya know telling us the basics. Like how to stop a horse, make it go, or even ride it especially when your horse decides to trot because anyone who has rode a trot knows that is not easy when you have never done that before.

So needless to say I got on my horse named Midas whom according to the stable workers was gay so I didn't have to worry about my horse getting too close to the females, PERFECT. One less thing I had to worry about. So we start going and BAM my horse starts trotting I was like oh nelly how in the world do I stop this thing... Ummm Hello? How do I stop my horse I don't like this. Anyone who knows me knows I was in Alyssa panic mode. So anyways guy comes to the rescue tells me how to stop my horse and life is great again nice and slow no trotting I'm good. Everyone says "You grew up on a farm why are you in such fear?" Well just because I grew up on a farm does not mean I loved it and embarrass it. I ran from it every chance I got sooooo this explains my fear. Anyways after being told how to ride the trot I began to like it and enjoyed the horse ride. Towards the end all I wanted was my horse to trot because we were moving so slow and our trail blazer "Literally" didn't stop yapping with her annoying barking voice it was like shit get me off this trail. But regardless I had a great time and really enjoyed my adult horseback riding experience.

We went to Whitney's house and took a dip in the pool to cool off before dinner because it was a very hot day. Then off to eat some guac and drink some margs. It was nice to cool off with a nice frozen margarita or should a say several.


My sister Anna is a super fast runner and made it to the New York State Track Meet with her 4x800 team. I was so excited to find out the meet was only 1 hour+ from me so I had to go cheer her on. Luckily my other sister Theresa got to go as their back up so I got to see two of my sisters. Super stoked to be able to go see her run at a once and a lifetime event and of course see their beautiful faces.


I ran a kids cancer run with my friend Sam. It was a 5k and I was happy to be able to go support a great event. I hope to be able to get out and run more events as the months go by and get back into running like I use to be.


I'll add pictures later, I write this on the train to work every morning and its hard to add pictures from my phone I need to do it from a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment