I also had my follow up appointment with my surgeon. I was so happy to see him. I am just ever so thankful for such an amazing and brilliant doctor he is. He scoped me to take pictures of my vocal cords to see how things are doing and said all is well. They are back to 100% and you can't tell from the inside or even listening to me talk that he had damaged them to peel the cancer off it. Anywho, said my scar looks fabulous HOLLAR, worked really hard to keep SPF on it at all times and still do. Not to mention his lovely tips with the silicone gel sheeting are I'm sure why it also looks so great. He went over my ultrasound with me and said that there is one abnormal lymph node on my left side. (Most the cancer was on the right side of my neck and that is where he went in and clearered house on the lymph nodes as well.) He said that it could be because it was cancerous and the treatment I had got rid of it and it now looks abonormal and forever will on the ultrasound or it's just simply abnormal. He said lots of thing went inside my neck and lymph nodes and look abnormal on scans afterwards. But he said not to worry things looks great and the fact that my numbers have come down so far they are not worried one bit. He showed me where to feel for the lymph node every now n then and if something changes to call him. But for now I live life cancer free and happily. I'll return in Februray for follow up test and they will monitor my lymph node.
Looking back it's been exactly one long year since this all started. I don't even want to count the number of Drs appointments I've been too. All I can say is I'm ever so thankful this day finally came. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
This is me celebrating the 4th of July and also celebrating my good news of being cancer free.


such great news! love you girlie.
ReplyDelete