I have been back into my workout routine. For once I am not dreading going to the gym. Main reason is because I am actually seeing results. Before I found out I was sick I dreaded going to the gym. Never felt good afterwards and no matter how much I worked out or how well I ate I was stillll gaining weight. I even ran a half marathon and the only thing I got outta that was pain. So anyways, I've been running a few miles everyday back to a normal life again. It's honestly the best feeling in the world. Even better when you step on the scale and you're dropping pounds and your body is actually showing that you've been working out. I can't wait to sign up for some road races again. Maybe even another half.
Kev's job requires him to travel to the client. He was lucky when he first started his commute was only 45mins away. Now he is traveling to Chicago every couple of weeks. He leaves on Monday and returns on Thursday night. My new favorite day of the week is Thursday. Thankfully we've been apart several times for long periods of time. So this long distance, Skype relationship is nothing new to us. The good thing of him traveling is that it forced me to go to the gym everyday and I am knocking tons of things off my to do list. I get restless and then lonely when I'm not busy doing something.
Skype and FaceTime are my favorite things in the world. Why you ask? Well it was great when at the beginning of my relationship with Kev because I would barely see him. It's always great to hear someone's voice but its even better when you can see their face too. So now that he's on the road I can still see his handsome face while talking to him. But recently my little sister Jenna whom lives several hours away and I don't see that often has been Skyping or borrowing Maria's iPhone to FaceTime me. It is the highlight of my day when I receive my daily phone call from her. She Skyped me once and it was the greatest thing to see all my sisters lovely faces. So I bought her a webcam mailed it home and set her up with a Skype account. We're still working on getting the webcam set up correctly but hopefully someone can help the little munchkin get it working. She FaceTimed me last night. I got to see a ton of my siblings and even meet my little nephew via webcam. It was great, makes me wish I could shell out the money to just buy Jenna an iPhone so that I can always talk and FaceTime with her to see everyone more often. I think I'll start saving my pennies for her.
Skyping with my sisters Jenna, Theresa & Anna-Marie
A little FaceTime action with Jenna & Theresa.




No comments:
Post a Comment