Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cycle For Survival

Today I got to participate in a very touching event. A cycling event that raises money for rare diseases cancer research for Memorial Sloan Kettering. This was such an inspiring event for all those who are battling cancer and have had someone close to them affected by the disease. My college friend Webb was one of the instructors at the event. He gave his bike up to me so that I could ride and participate in the event. If it wasn't for him doing that for me than I wouldn't of been able to taken part of such a remarkable event. So thank you Webb, I really do appreciate it.

I made a promise to myself that I was returning with a team/teams next year. I consider myself a lucky cancer patient due to the fact that I haven't had to go through intensive chemo and radiation, still have my hair  even though I've been loosing a ton and that my type of cancer is "treatable," whereas there are others who are fighting for their life everyday and have no answers or ways to treat their disease.

If you haven't heard of it and would still like to make a donation to this years Cycle For Survival Event that is going on nation wide you can do so here. If not this year I will be contacting everyone I know to make a donation towards this event for next year. Get your wallets ready :)

https://secure2.convio.net/mskcc/site/SPageServer?JServSessionIdr004=ft7xu134c1.app202b&pagename=cycle_for_survival


My friend Webb, the other cancer survivor and Karen the other spin instructor.
This place was packed of many great supporters.

My on the bike getting ready for the big ride.

You can see me on the instructor bike on the far left and a glimpse of the other cyclers.

Another great picture of the many participants today.

My friend Webb and I mid ride. I was one sweaty chick when I was done.







No comments:

Post a Comment