Saturday, March 16, 2013

Big Poppa

My Grandpa or Big Poppa as we called him. Was truly an amazing man. I still cannot believe its been five years since he has left us. Big Poppa was the sweetest, and most loving man I know. I miss his whisker kisses that ended with his unshaven prickly cheek to cheek rub just to make sure you weren't kissing any boys. I miss him more and more everyday and wish he was still here. I wish he got to meet my boyfriend. I wish that they got to meet each other. I know that my Grandpa would of loved Kevin and Kevin would of loved my Grandpa. I truly believe you are the one that started my deep love for sweets and ice cream. My thighs say Thank You :) I inherited this awful thing called asthma and we both shared awful asthmatic episodes when I was much younger and I came over to use your nebulizer several times until I got my own. Just recently I got to also experience something that you went through as well. Thyroid Cancer. For some reason mine was caught a little late. But I am doing just fine and can't wait for the day that they say I am cancer free. Big Poppa you make me strive to be the best I can be everyday. I am so glad that I had a Grandpa like you to grow up with and see almost everyday at the farm you loved so much. I love you and miss you so much!

Big Poppa holding me and my cousin Michael. 
This is the only picture that I have with my Grandpa. This is the way I'll always remember Big Poppa (Big boned, muscular, roughed up hands) .... Cherish every minute with the ones you love and snap a few more pictures you'll want to look at them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment